We have good news to share about outdoor visiting options starting June 29, 2020.
Thanks to you, our staff, and community, we are managing the risks of COVID-19 well at LB Homes. As a result, the Minnesota Department of Health has provided guidance on visiting in our outside areas.
Indoor visits will continue to be limited to essential health care personnel and compassionate care situations for now. We have included a copy of the Minnesota Department of Health Guidance for your convenience.
Here are the details of our Outdoor Visiting program:
- Visits will be limited to 20 min each to allow time for sanitizing thoroughly between visits.
- Only 2 visitors will be permitted per visit.
- Chairs will not be provided for visitors however you are welcome to bring in your own
- Each location will have different outdoor visit availability.
- Outdoor Visits will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis.
- Each resident will be offered the opportunity to have a visit prior to scheduling a second visit.
- Visitors must be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and must attest to COVID-19 status if known. No one with COVID-19 symptoms will be permitted to visit.
- Visitors must wear a mask during the entire visit.
- Visitors must use alcohol-based hand rub upon entering and exiting the visitation area.
- To continue protecting everyone from potential virus transmission, we ask that you avoid hugs, handshakes, and other physical contact. 6 feet social distancing will be enforced.
We understand how difficult this has been for you and your family. We were all asked to prioritize safety during these past few months and the lack of social contact with families was painful.
We deeply appreciate the sacrifices you made to limit the impact of COVID-19 on our community. While the virus will be with us for many more months, we know more about taking precautions like wearing masks, making sure our hands are clean, and deep cleaning high-touch surfaces to prevent COVID-19 from spreading.
Our entire team looks forward to seeing you outside and enjoying our well-earned Minnesota summer days. We will continue to keep you up to date on how our COVID-19 protection efforts are going. We are following state and federal guidelines in planning to reopen inside visiting as quickly as we can. For now, we will do everything we can to make your outdoor visits as comfortable as possible.
Thank you again for being partners with us in fighting the COVID-19 virus. Your messages of support, prayers, and patience will not be forgotten. There may be more challenges ahead, and we may need to make adjustments as we roll-out our new Outdoor Visiting program.
Please contact Aaron Hanson in Activities at 218-998-7333 during office hours Monday through Friday 8am-5pm to schedule your Outdoor Visit.